What is a Water Softener?
A water softener is a system that removes minerals such as calcium from water. These minerals, though not dangerous to us, are a real threat to your plumbing system and any appliance that uses water. Water with an abundance of these materials is called "hard water".
Hard water prevents soaps and shampoo from lathering well, leaves your dishes with spots, and causes that ring in your tub or that scale build-up on your faucets. People who bathe in hard water are more prone to skin conditions like rashes and outbreaks due to hard water as the soap stays on the skin and clogs pores.
Another problem you won't see until it's too late, is the build-up in your home's plumbing system. The scale and lime caked onto the interior surfaces of your home's water heater cause it to fail sooner and operate less efficiently.
Benefits of Soft Water
Soft water has many benefits, like:
- Cleaner and spot-free glasses, silverware, plates
- Shinier and cleaner mirrors and windows
- Decreased plumbing problems
- Soft, clean skin and smooth hair
- Reduction in lime deposits and soap scum
- Using less soap and shampoo
- Cleaner and softer clothes; fabrics last longer and whites stay whiter
- Increase lifespan of water using appliances like dishwashers, water heaters, etc
- Save money with energy costs and decreased wear and tear to appliances.
For more information on the water softener valves we offer, click on the product below.